Skip to content »
Select a job title below to view descriptions and details for applying. To list a job opportunity, email the Secretary.
Fuller Theological Seminary School of TheologyAssistant or Associate Professor of Preaching
Fuller Theological Seminary invites candidates for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in preaching, beginning fall 2017.
Fuller is a multi-denominational seminary and seeks candidates who share its mission and commitment to training men and women for the various leadership roles in the church and the academy.
1. Faith and lifestyle congruent with the mission of Fuller Theological Seminary as expressed in its statements of faith and community standards. Fuller Seminary requires each faculty member to sign its Statement of Faith. Commitment to the evangelical and ecumenical heritage of Fuller Theological Seminary. See the Fuller Theological Seminary website.
2. Commitment to theological education in the service of the local and global church, to shaping leaders for the church’s mission and ministry, to the spiritual formation of students, and to supporting women and men in pastoral and other leadership positions.
3. Disposition to work collegially in a diverse — multi-ethnic, multi-denominational, multi-regional — seminary community.
4. Preference will be given to applicants who will add to the ethnic, racial, and gender diversity of the faculty. Ability to teach in Korean or Spanish is desirable.
1. Offer core and elective courses in the MA and MDiv programs, with the prospect of teaching DMin and PhD seminars desirable.
2. Proven record or demonstrable promise of teaching homiletics in a seminary context.
3. Sensitivity to ecumenical and intercultural issues, to the contemporary world and its pressures and challenges, and to various theological and ecclesial paradigms, traditional and emerging.
4. A commitment to preaching as an act of worship with an integrative focus on theological education.
1. PhD (or equivalent) in homiletics or a cognate field.
2. Proven record or promise of research and publication, with ongoing research plans.
3. MDiv (or equivalent) and experience in congregational leadership; ordination or licensure in an ecclesial tradition and significant preaching experience desirable.
Rank and Other Considerations
1. Tenure-track; initial two or three-year appointment.
2. Rank dependent on qualifications and experience.
3. Date position available: 1 July 2017.
1. Twelve-month contract, including paid four-week summer leave.
2. Teach fulltime: six courses per year on the quarter system, including at least one online course/year.
3. Sabbatical quarter every seventh quarter.
Applicants for faculty positions in the School of Theology are asked to submit the following materials (using the email address noted below):
1. A letter of interest.
2. A curriculum vitae, indicating education, teaching experience, publications, and other professional qualifications.
3. A list of three-four references with institutional affiliation and contact information, representing both academic and ministry qualifications.
Persons with questions about this position or the application procedure may contact us at: <[email protected]>.
Review of applications begins on 15 March 2017, and continues until the position is filled.
Application materials should be submitted electronically to <[email protected]>.
Joel B. Green, Dean
School of Theology
Fuller Theological Seminary
135 N. Oakland Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91182 USA